Posts Tagged ‘Nicaragua’
By: Alvaro Matehuala
Isaiah 45:8 says, “Open up, O heavens, and pour out your righteousness. Let the earth open wide so salvation and righteousness can sprout up together.”
[Please, let me make a short prayer]
Father, in the name of Jesus:
• We ask for open heavens, that the Gospel may run swiftly on this nation. As it is written, “For He draws up drops of water, which distill as rain from the mist, Which the clouds drop down and pour abundantly on man, [Job. 36:28-29] we ask to see Your mercy falling as a continuous abundant rain.
• We ask that Your Holy Spirit descend on each one of us and pour a deep desire of transformation so that we may become your people.
As a nation with a current population of 5.7 million people, Nicaragua has suffered, among other things, the influence of the idolatry further propagated by the Spanish during the 1500’s, internal wars, and two powerful earthquakes that devastated Managua in 1931 and 1972.
As a result, in the natural realm, Nicaragua is currently facing:
• Political limitations
• Unequal distribution of resources
• High agro-ecological vulnerability
• Weak governmental power
• Little diversification of income sources
• Limited access to services
• Low productivity
• Poor salaries
• Worsening food insecurity
What is happening in the spiritual realm?
The idolatry established in this nation has activated the access of other spiritual influences such as:
• Witchcraft, wizardry, Satanism, voodoo, divination
• Organized crime
• Drug abuse
• Homosexuality, disordered sexual pleasures
• Human trafficking, Abortion, Alcoholism, and many others.
With this in mind, the question is: What role does each us have when coming to this beautiful country?
First of all, we know the Lord opened a marvelous door to LOLI by giving it tremendous favor and grace to come to Nicaragua, and giving it the opportunity to see many of Nicaragua’s Christian ministries coming together, in unity, to pray and to activate a new spiritual realm of influence in this country.
How can we activate a new spiritual realm of influence?
With at least 3 actions:
1. By showing the unquestionable love of God to this community through humanitarian work
2. By bringing prayers at the altar of prayer.
– Prayer activates a sweet fragrance that delights the heart of God and prompts him to set the hosts of heaven in motion for the purpose of and in answer to the prayer of the saints. As can be seen Zachariah’s experience in Luke 1, altars full of prayers to The Lord enable God’s presence.
3. By making declarations that affect the spiritual atmosphere and speaking prophetic words for this nation.
Doing this, we will contribute to the breaking of generational curses, we will contribute to the activation of a revival, and we will contribute to the people of Nicaragua experiencing unity and a full expression of a relationship with God and His Kingdom.
Conquering the Land
The Bible gives us the story the Battle of Jericho as a powerful example of a people conquering a land by God’s power. His power was activated because in the people of Israel he found obedience, consecration and determination. These are traits that we must have in order to see His power.
According to the book of Joshua, Israel lodged three days before they were able to cross the Jordan River on their way to Jericho.
• Joshua 3:3: “…When you see the ark of the covenant of The Lord your God, and the priests, the Levites, bearing it, then you shall set out from your place and go after it.”
As we know, the ark of the covenant is a representation of His presence. Likewise, WE must always seek His presence before setting out and make sure we let His presence go before us.
• v 3:8 “You shall command the priests who bear the ark of the covenant, saying, ‘When you have come to the edge of the water of the Jordan, you shall stand in the Jordan.'”
Just like the twelve tribes of Israel came in agreement and joined, with the ark going before them, prior to crossing the Jordan en route to the conquest of Jericho, God is bringing together LOLI and Nicaragua’s Christian ministries to the edge of the waters to activate a miracle that will change the nation.
• vv 3:9-11:
So Joshua said to the children of Israel, “Come here, and hear the words of The Lord your God.” And Joshua said, “By this you shall know that the living God is among you, and that He will without fail drive out from before you the Canaanites and the Hittites and the Hivites and the Perizzites and the Girgashites and the Amorites and the Jebusites. Behold, the ark of the covenant of The Lord of all the earth is crossing over before you into the Jordan.
Should there have been any doubt, God is telling us that he, the Lord of all the earth, is among us. We are not here by our own efforts; we are here by a divine appointment, for a specific purpose!
When Israel obeyed the Lord’s instructions, the supernatural was activated:
• v 3:16: “the waters which came down from upstream stood still, and rose in a heap very far away at Adam, the city that is beside Zaretan. So the waters that went down into the Sea of the Arabah, the Salt Sea, failed, and were cut off; and the people crossed over opposite Jericho. Then the priests who bore the ark of the covenant of the Lord stood firm on dry ground in the midst of the Jordan; and all Israel crossed over on dry ground, until all the people had crossed completely over the Jordan”
Let us focus on what happened next when Israel reached Jericho. Joshua 5: 13-14;
And it came to pass, when Joshua was by Jericho, that he lifted his eyes and looked, and behold, a Man stood opposite him with His sword drawn in His hand. And Joshua went to Him and said to Him, “Are You for us or for our adversaries?”
So He said, “No, but as Commander of the army of the Lord I have now come.”
What is notable and encouraging about this scripture?
1. Joshua saw a Man with His sword drawn in His hand, ready to fight. I repeat: “ready to fight!” Are you ready to fight? Today, He is with us as Commander of the army of The Lord! Aleluya!
“And Joshua fell on his face to the earth and worshiped, and said to Him, “What does my Lord say to His servant?”
Then the Commander of the Lord’s army said to Joshua, “Take your sandal off your foot, for the place where you stand is holy.” And Joshua did so.” Joshua 5:14-15
Do the words that Joshua heard sound familiar? We can recall when the Angel of The Lord appeared to Moses in a flame of fire from the midst of a bush (or: appeared to Moses in the burning bush)
Then He said, “Do not draw near this place. Take your sandals off your feet, for the place where you stand is holy ground.”
Moreover He said, “I am the God of your father—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.” And Moses hid his face, for he was afraid to look upon God.
And the Lord said: “I have surely seen the oppression of My people who are in Egypt, and have heard their cry because of their taskmasters, for I know their sorrows.
So I have come down to deliver them out of the hand of the Egyptians, and to bring them up from that land to a good and large land, to a land flowing with milk and honey, to the place of the Canaanites and the Hittites and the Amorites and the Perizzites and the Hivites and the Jebusites.
Removing the sandals off our feet
Taking the sandals off our feet can mean, among other things, to learn to walk in the light of His presence, in his holiness, in his power, in his nature.
The Lord has come to Nicaragua to remove all types of captivity! TO BE ABLE TO SEE THIS, EVERY FOLLOWER OF JESUS CHRIST HAS TO REMOVE HIS/HER OWN ‘SANDALS’—HIS/HER OWN CONCEPTS, AND WALK IN GOD’S PRESENCE, HIS HOLINESS, HIS POWER, AND HIS NATURE.
Having Him as a Commander, it will guarantee us the victory over the enemy in this country.
Finally, the Bible tells us how the destruction of the city of Jericho took place
Now Jericho was securely shut up because of the children of Israel; none went out, and none came in.
And the Lord said to Joshua: “See! I have given Jericho into your hand, its king, and the mighty men of valor.
You shall march around the city, all you men of war; you shall go all around the city once. This you shall do six days.
And seven priests shall bear seven trumpets of rams’ horns before the ark. But the seventh day you shall march around the city seven times, and the priests shall blow the trumpets.
It shall come to pass, when they make a long blast with the ram’s horn, and when you hear the sound of the trumpet, that all the people shall shout with a great shout; then the wall of the city will fall down flat. And the people shall go up every man straight before him.”
(Joshua 6:1-5 NKJV)
In a spiritual sense, as a generation of priests and kings made as such by Jesus (Rev. 1:6), and understanding the empowerment that He gives us, let us use this empowerment to bring the sound of the shofar and a cry of victory, making a sound that will bring down every spiritual fortress that the adversary has set up in Nicaragua!
To conclude in prayer:
Father, we come to Nicaragua in the name of your precious Son Jesus, and in His name, we take authority in this nation to tear down corruption, idolatry, every work of witchcraft, Santeria, Satanism, every spirit of divination, the work of sorcerers, organized crime, drug abuse, domestic violence, homosexuality, and human trafficking; we tear down the spirit of abortion, alcoholism, and others that would stand against Your truth.
Lord, be lifted High, and may all who hate your name be scattered.
As servants of the Most High, creator of the heavens and the earth, we declare that all evil influence be quelled.
We decree that Nicaragua rises as a new nation with Jesus as her savior and Lord.
We implore that your Holy Spirit come and activate a great revival in this nation.
We decree that Your kingdom be established in every family, in every government sphere, and in every Christian organization around the country, in the name of the powerful name of Jesus!
We prophesy that Nicaragua turns to you!